Have you heard about the sacred tool called the Jade Egg or Yoni Egg and are you curious about all the buzz?
What is a Yoni Egg?
Actually, the Jade egg is a smooth egg-shaped cut crystal made out of jade which is used for women’s pelvic floor exercises. We will just call it a Yoni egg here to not confuse you. Yoni is the Sanskrit name for vagina and means “sacred temple”.
Shortcut: If you consider buying a Yoni Egg, this is the best one out there. Hands down.
- Everything included: You get: One nephrite jade egg, one box of unwaxed & unflavored dental floss as retrieval cord
- Most popular size: Medium size (1.7 x 1.2 inch) (43 mm x 30 mm), sideway (horizontally) drilled at the smaller end of the egg
- Certified: Made and certified by Polar Jade, to ensure the egg is made of 100% genuine and natural nephrite jade and workmanship
- Luxury and most healing: Stone: Nephrite jade is considered "stone of heaven" and "royal gem" in china
- Can last a life time: Nephrite jade is very solid, hard and dense and can last a life time.
Maybe you’ve heard that the Yoni Egg can transform your being?
You might also have heard that it has healing potential to help you overcome your sexual traumas and blockages once and for all?
Or perhaps you’ve read somewhere that the Yoni Egg can make you multi-orgasmic and sexually energized?
And that your sex life will never be the same again, because it turns every woman into a Sex Goddess?
Yes, you’ve heard correctly; the Yoni egg is a powerhouse of a tool, which is placed inside the core of a woman, the vagina, to heal herself, get stronger muscles and achieve a deeper and better connection with her Yoni and her sexuality.
There is actually a whole movement of women out there who use the egg for their own sexual empowerment, but also to boost their creative powers. Many women report that the healing effects of the Yoni egg leave them experiencing buzzing moments of creativity, passion and aliveness.
Most women use Jade for its suitable healing properties. It is inserted in the Yoni to practice exercises. The egg should be drilled vertically or horizontally to string it. This helps to remove the egg after the exercises.
Where Does It Come From?
The Yoni egg practice claims its roots in ancient China. It was known as a very powerful tool at that time and was kept secret. Only queens and their concubines knew about it. As it made women who worked with it very powerful, the Yoni egg was not meant for common people.
The Yoni egg is an awesome tool for strengthening and controlling the vaginal muscles and sexual energies. And luckily today this knowledge is available to everyone. You might have heard about some big promises and some crazy things you can do with this egg; don’t worry, we’ve created a professional and integral resource for you to tap into this magical and profound practice.
Who Can Use It?
Every woman or Yoni owner can use the egg. No matter how old you are, even if you don’t have your menstruation anymore. You can also use it after pregnancy to recover, and of course even when you don’t have a sexual partner. It is important to practice with the egg on a regular basis. Using the egg just once in a while won’t have many remarkable effects.
Although almost all women can use the egg, we need to talk about some important things:
- When you have an IUD inserted, please be careful and make sure you use a horizontal drilled egg.
- When you have your period, feel into your body and only use the egg when it really feels good for you. It is totally fine to pause your practice during your period.
- When you are pregnant please only use the egg with medical guidance.
- In case you have an illness concerning your Yoni, please contact your doctor first.
Table of Contents
Let’s talk first about the advantages of the Yoni egg, cause there are really a lot. And it’s great to know what a powerful tool we’re dealing with here.
- The Yoni egg helps to heal energetic blockages and awakens sexual energy.
- It balances the mind, body and soul.
- It enhances sensitivity.
- It is an awesome tool to use to work on certain conditions (e.g. helping with incontinence or cysts, balancing hormones, transitioning smoothly into menopause, just to mention a few). It obviously is the tool to heal sexual traumas, but it can also help with working on other traumas such as depression or diminishing of sexual energies.
- As sexuality is a topic our society does not talk freely and lovingly about, working with a Yoni egg helps with getting in touch with your own sexuality and discovering this part of your body in much more depth.
- Talking about sex, a Yoni egg also opens the door to an orgasmic evolution. Did you know that there are many different ways to have an orgasm? Working with the egg helps your neural system to develop more nerves. This means you will feel more and may be able to feel and orgasm in your g-spot or cervix area or in other parts of your Yoni. Isn’t this wonderful?
- Many women also use the egg for birth training. Having a powerful, trauma-free and energetically healthy vagina helps to have a safer birth with less pain.
- As a Yoni owner you will really start appreciating this part of your body more, which will naturally lead to self-love and sexual confidence.
How to Choose the Right Egg
There are many different sized Yoni eggs to choose from. It is always recommended to use a bigger size in the beginning, as you will feel it more easily and are more likely to get the hang of how to hold it with your vaginal muscles. After some time it’s a good idea to work with a smaller egg. The smaller the egg, the more skills and muscles it takes to work with. But you can always stick with the one egg your whole life, if you want.
|X-large (40mmx60mm)||Have given birth to more than one child; problems with incontinence; over-weight; inactive|
|Large (40mmx50mm)||Recommended size to start with for most women; easy to feel; for those over 45 years; low libido; incontinence problems|
|Medium (30mmx40mm)||Have not had children; active; younger than 45; no known incontinence issues; easily able to reach orgasms|
|Small (22mmx30mm)||For advanced users, after mastering the medium size|
|Small ben wa balls (20mm)||Not egg shaped; cannot be felt in the beginning; no healing effect through crystal (please check if the material is toxic-free)|
Talking about the size brings us to the topic of the material, too. Traditionally Yoni eggs have been made out of Jade. Jade as a crystal has really good healing properties. It is a very balancing stone and adapts fast to your body’s temperature. Using a crystal instead of plastic eggs or ben-wa balls includes the healing and powerful benefits of the stone itself. Crystals can help you break blockages and balance your energies. Make sure to use the right egg size and crystal, one that really feels the best for you. Trust your gut feeling. It’s important to let your heart speak, when choosing the right egg, not your mind.
If you want to go with a traditional Jade Egg you need to know that there are different qualities of Jade, graded into high, medium and low. Only jadeit and nephrite jade are considered authentic jade.
If you are about to go shopping for a Yoni egg, it’s important to be able to determine if you’ve found the real thing, or a good fake one. This article should help you with this process.
Many merchants and suppliers have the tendency to call any green or white looking stone “jade” (the ones listed below are not genuine nephrite or jadeit jade eggs):
- Onyx, a translucent marble
- Grossular garnet
- Malaysia Jade
- Opaque dolomite marble
Where to Buy Real Nephrite Jade Eggs?
Here are a few online stores, where you can buy Jade eggs around the world:Buy Real Nephrite Jade Egg
How to Prepare It
Before you start using your egg for the first time, make sure that it’s been cleaned and feels nice holding it in your hand. To clean the egg, give it a bath in hot water (no soap or detergent). Simply boil water, place your egg in a cup and pour the water slowly over it, then leave it immersed in the hot water for about 10 minutes. Please be careful to not boil the egg. This really damages its healing qualities.
Note: This needs to be done once, before your first Yoni egg use. And then every time youfeel the need for it. You can also use vinegar to clean your egg as you can read in the section “How to store it”. Many women also cleanse the egg energetically. There are many different ways to discharge and recharge the egg.
Some Ways to Discharge and Cleanse Your Egg
- Washing it in salt water
- Bathing it in a river or ocean
- Using cleansing drops
- Using other stones that can discharge the egg overnight, such as amethyst or hematite
Some Ways to Charge It and Program It
- Having a full moon ritual, by consciously placing your egg into the path of moonbeams.
- Using other stones that can recharge the egg overnight such as mountain crystals.
- Filling it with Reiki energy.
- We have also heard of digging the egg into the ground and leaving it there for 2-3 weeks. The ground absorbs bad energies and charges the egg.
Right Before Using It
It is important to string the egg before you start. It helps you to remove the egg easily after your exercises by pulling on the string. Use dental floss (unwaxed and tasteless) for stringing. Make sure the floss is long enough. It should be approximately as long as the distance between your shoulder and your hand. Thread the two ends into one hole of the egg and pull the ends through the loop. Doing it this traditional way avoids tying a knot.
“I’m using a Yoni Egg and I’ve only been using it for about 3 weeks, I can tell a difference in my muscle tone already. I’m working parts of my “love muscle” I never knew I had lol!!”
~Crystal (Amazon review)
“After a few consecutive days of doing just the foundation Yoni egg exercises, people were responding to me in a much more loving and open way. And telling me my skin was glowing! I’m looking forward to working with this practice forever!”
~Amy (Amazon review)
“Yesterday evening as I was returning home from running an errand, I felt this powerful energy within me. It was so huge and so indescribable that I don’t have words for it. I was thinking about someone that I felt connected to. I don’t know if the emotions surrounding how I was feeling enhanced my energy but something was happening. Something overtook my spirit and made me feel passionate and sexually heightened to the point that I had to just sit in the car for a minute after I parked. I felt a stirring, a buzzing in the center of my womb. It was undoubtedly powerful! Without touching my body in certain areas that can cause me to orgasm; I mentally took myself there and it was delicious.”
How to Use Yoni Egg in a Ritual / Session
The first step is to take a look at how to prepare your Yoni egg for use nicely explained by Sofia.
A Yoni egg session means time for you and your body. Imagine this is a date with your Yoni. Take your time and prepare it nicely. To be able to include your Yoni egg sessions in your daily life, make sure to keep the duration of your session not too long, but not too short either. Maybe you can have a longer session (1h) on the weekends, and shorter ones during the week (30min).
Prepare yourself a nice, quiet place, where you can work with your egg undisturbed.
Decent music, flowers, a nice blanket, incense sticks, etc. may help you with setting up the atmosphere you desire to get into a deeper connection with your Yoni. It may also feel right for you to have a permanent altar or place where you not only store your egg, but also have your Yoni egg rituals.
Prepare yourself a welcoming and loving place for your sessions.
2. Start the Session
Before you actually start your session you can set an intention for your practice. You can focus on a specific topic or feeling. Visualizing is also helpful here; you can visualize your Yoni being strong, flexible, healed and smooth. Some women also include a meditation in their Yoni egg session, to calm down, relax and feel into their body. But in general before you actually start working with the egg, make sure you feel comfortable.
We collected some videos that might help you here:
- Microcosmit orbit explained by Taoist Master Mantak Chia
- Jade Egg exercise with Jutta K.
- Sensual Meditation Playlist
Always make sure that before you insert the egg you warm yourself up first. A great way to do this is with a blissful breast massage. It’ll kick-start love hormones in your body and connects you with your body.
Here is a great tutorial by Adina Rivers of MyTinySecrets on Self Breast Massage Routine.
The breast massage helps to bring gentle arousal energy and thus produce vaginal lubricant, so you can insert the egg easily.
Make sure your vagina is expanded and natural lubricating fluid is being emitted before you put the egg in.
3. Inserting the Egg
Lie on your back. When your Yoni feels ready, insert the Yoni egg with the wider end first. You must be fully aroused before inserting the egg. If you produce very little fluid naturally, use a natural lubricant, like organic coconut oil or other organic lubrication.
4. Yoni Egg Exercises
Feel the Egg
While you are lying on the floor and have the egg inside of you, feel it first. Try to feel it fully. If you don’t, visualize it inside of you.
Do Pelvic Floor & Core Strengthening Exercises With It
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip width apart. Inhale, engage Yoni muscles and lift your hips. Hold up for 10 seconds (keep breathing!). Lower your hips, exhale and release your pelvic floor muscles.
2. Leg lift
Lie on your back with your legs straight and together, with your hands tucked under your rear. Raise your legs two feet off the floor, pause, and then lift your legs until they form a right angle with your hips. Hold, and then slowly lower your legs to the floor. Repeat. Do two to three sets of 10 repetitions.
Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart. Bend your knees and squat down as if you were sitting in a chair, until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Keep your abdominal muscles tight and your torso as straight as possible without putting stress on your back. Make sure your knees don’t shoot past your toes. Stand up to return to starting position. Repeat. Do two to three sets of 12 repetitions.
4. Plank Pose
Lie face down and then lift your body to form a push-up position, resting on your hands and your toes. Your arms should be straight and your shoulders directly over your wrists. Your neck, hips and legs should all be in line—don’t let your hips sag towards the floor. Engage your abdominal muscles. Hold plank pose anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute.
5. Horse Stance Posture
Have your feet and shoulder width apart and firmly grounded, ankles and knees bent, groin folded, spine and neck in alignment. Lift your arms in front of you to a 45-degree angle with your palms facing upwards. Assume a clenched fist position. In the beginning, make sure not to practice on a cement floor (or any other stone or hard floor) so if the egg drops out while practicing, it will not break. You can also place a towel under your feet.
In this exercise it is important to know about the three sections of the vaginal canal:
First Section: External vagina’s orifice to the front of the vaginal canal
Second Section: The middle vaginal canal
Third Section: Vaginal canal in front of the cervix
This Is How the Yoni Egg Exercise with the Three Sections Works:
- Start with standing in a firm horse stance.
- Contract the first section and close the external vaginal orifice tightly. This helps to keep the egg inside.
- Inhale and contract the third section. Keep both points closed and do not use hard muscle contractions.
- Squeeze the second section. Inhale and squeeze a bit harder. Try out different squeezing intensities. Once you feel you have a good grip, start moving the egg up and down. Start in slow motion and then practice going faster.
- Take a rest when you feel out of breath. Notice how you are building up the energy in that area. You can repeat this exercise.
- When you finish, stand still for a moment and just feel the energy in your ovaries and uterus. Visualize the energy concentrating in those areas and smile.
- Imagine the energy as clean sparkling glitter in your ovaries and uterus. Move this energy from the organs to the perineum. Slightly squeeze the anus perineum, to keep the energy inside your body.
- Move the energy into the microcosmic orbit and circulate for 10 times. You’ll find more information on this here.
- Collect the energy and rest it in your Tan Tien. It is located just below the navel and inside your body and it’s a safe place to store your energy. Imagine a pearl growing in your abdomen.
- Lie down and relax. Calm your mind and allow the energy to spread through your body. It will flow where it is needed and will support you throughout the day.
Don’t panic if a problem arises and the egg becomes stuck. Just lie down, relax and laugh. This helps the egg to come out again.
There are many other ways to exercise with your egg. You can practice while lying down, sitting or even dancing.
…back to table of contents
5. End the Session
Just feel into your body. Maybe there are some sensations in your Yoni. Give everything you feel after the exercises the space to be there and meet it with acceptance and love. Be thankful.
If you wish so you can end the session with a ritual. You can thank God for this practice with a dance or just sit down and have a meditation.
Make sure to clean your egg afterwards (with water) and store it well. A small pouch may be useful, as well as putting it on your altar. By the way there is no right or wrong way to set up an altar. Just make up a sacred place that is filled with good energies and supports your personal growth and spiritual journey. You can use shells, incense sticks, figures and statues, pictures, stones, etc.
More Ways to Use the Egg
There are a few more ways to use the egg and include it in your lifestyle:
- You can use the egg while doing Yoga. There might also be a Yoni egg yoga classes in your city.
- Exercise during a busy week. In case you don’t have the time to do all those practices mentioned above you can simply insert the egg while you are cleaning your house and just wear it for fun. (Note that the effects of the egg are not as huge if you just wear it without practicing)
- Have you ever had a Yoni massage? The Yoni egg can also be part of this beautiful practice.
- Sleeping with the Yoni egg can also be really fascinating. Some women experienced a lighter sleep and therewith more intensive dreams. Please don’t sleep with the egg in as a beginner. Having the egg inside your Yoni the whole night might be too intense.
- Vaginal Weight Lifting. Some women also practice weight lifting with the egg. This is a powerful way to train not only the Yoni, but also the areas around it.
Note: Please use the Yoni egg only when it really feels right for you. Don’t overuse it; it’s nota bodybuilding fitness tool. You should see it as a tool for self-healing.
How to Include It in Your Daily Life
To get the benefits of the Yoni egg practice, it is really important to work with the egg on a regular basis. Research says we can establish a new habit in our lives after 4-5 weeks. So make sure that you stick to your Yoni egg habit for at least four weeks to have all the positive effects we have talked about, and establish a stable habit.
You can for example include the egg in your morning routine, the same way other people go running in the morning, or do Yoga with it. Be creative with your practice and celebrate your Yoni egg use.
You can also take your Yoni egg with you when you are travelling, as even in the larger sizes it is still very handy and small. When travelling with the egg, make sure you have it stored well as it could break easily.
How to Store It
Please don’t store the egg in a messy bottom drawer. The Yoni egg will give you its best service when you take care of it and store it in a nice space.
Make sure you cleanse the egg from time to time. It absorbs bad energies throughout your practice that need to be removed. They should not be inside your Yoni every time you use your egg, when you actually wanted to have them removed. As mentioned above, there are several ways to cleanse your egg energetically.
After each use you can clean the egg with a diluted vinegar solution (one tablespoon per quart of water) and let it dry for at least one hour. If you can’t find vinegar, you can just use water. Please don’t use any alcohol, soap or detergent for cleaning the egg. Your vaginal membranes are very sensitive and you might unknowingly be allergic to any of these.