I know what you are thinking. Organic dildos? Is she now discussing which vegetables are best suited for our lovely vaginas? Not exactly.
What I wanted to put out there is some awareness-raising regarding dildos. When we make love to ourselves, we want to treat our vaginas the best way we can, right? There are so many benefits of female pleasuring but have you ever thought about the toxins which might be inside your pink Chinese-made dildo?
Which Toxins Am I Talking About?
The most common is Phthalates (pronounced THAL-ates). It makes plastic soft and bendy. It’s so bad that it might damage sperm in men and lead to reproductive issues, according to a study published by the journal Environmental Health Perspective. And who knows what other side effects it might have?!
No Regulations? What the F**k!
Unfortunately, governments don’t regulate sex toys – they do when it comes to children’s toys, but seem to have forgotten about regulating adult toys. So it’s all up to us, the consumer, to be better informed about the materials used, which type to buy and which not.
So let’s see if your personal dildo is body safe or not. Firstly, let’s have a look at the Material.
Examine Your Most Beloved Dildo
- When you opened your brand new dildo, you got totally turned off by the plastic smell? Yes? That’s a sign you’ve got some polyvinyl chlorides (PVC) in your toy which often contains the goddamn petroleum-derived chemical Phthalates.
- Is your dildo highly “bendy” or “squishy” like? Yep? Sorry, might be another sign for a dildo containing Phthalates, because it helps to make the material soft.
- Do you find any oily or sweat-like discharge on the surface of your dildo? Sorry, that’s a sign of chemical degradation, meaning you’ve got some really toxic and old dong lying around.
If you found any of the above-mentioned signs then, sorry, love, you need to throw it out the window (not into your neighbor’s garden but straight into the garbage).
Let’s Make it Green and Healthy
There are some really good brands out there – trusted manufacturers who actually care about their customers.
Most of the body safe dildos are made out of:
• 100% medical grade silicon
• Borosilicate (or “Pyrex”) glass
• Stainless Steel
• Wood (ideally sustainably harvested)
• Stone or Crystal
• I haven’t found an organic store, which specializes in organic vegetable dildos 🙂
You’ve got to be prepared to spend some more money on your toys. If you don’t think your vagina is worth it, you can still cheat and simply put a condom on top of your old dildo. That will do. But I rather suggest treating your vagina with healthy and organic dildos. Maybe we head for less of a collection but instead a few really good ones!
Here Are Healthy and Organic Dildos I Recommend:
#1 Ella (Silicone)
food-grade material / hypo-allergenic / latex free / non-porous / Phthalates free
I have one myself and I can highly recommend it. It helps me to reach G-spot orgasms easily, nice for massaging tensions around the vagina walls, and it has a soft and silky erotic feeling to it. When you purchase a silicon dildo make sure that it’s a 100% food or medical grade silicone.
If you use lube use only water-based lubrication otherwise you might destroy your toy.
I use a special adult toy cleaner for cleaning but soap and hot water will do the same job.
- Satin storage pouch included
- Designed to reach and stimulate G-spot area
- 1 year LELO warranty
- Comes in elegant gift box
- Body Safe FDA-Aproved MaterialsPhthalate-Free Silicone
#2 Curved Glass Dildo (Pyrex Glass)
food-grade material /hypoallergenic/ heat- and chemical-resistant/ latex free / non-porous / Phthalates free/strong
This kinky one is a real pleasure giver. And it’s Glass! Designed for a lifetime and even pretty to look at. The nice thing here: it works with any lubrication, cannot break down or smell. Pyrex Glass is especially hard to break and responds perfectly to temperature change. Simply warm or cool in a bowl of water before self-love.
Some cheaper versions might have spray paint on the surface. This could be very toxic and not safe to use. Better buy one from trustworthy manufacturers like Hamsa or Icicles.
Simply with a toy cleaner or soap and water. If the water is too hot on rare occasions it might crack.
- Two Pleasing Tips: Enjoy either end of this versatile glass dream; use the curved tip to accurately stimulate the G-spot or prostate; enjoy the bumpy end for enhanced, stimulated thrusts
- Durable Borosilicate Glass: Smooth, hard, and satisfying to squeeze on no matter where you insert it; the sturdy material is compatible with all kinds of lube so you can play however you like
- Designed For All: Use solo or with a partner; this Dildo is designed so every gender and body shape can enjoy the unique hardness and smoothness only a glass toy can provide
- Measurements: 7.5 inch overall length, 4 inch insertable length (smooth end), 3 inch insertable length (beaded tip), 1.25 inch max insertable diameter
#3 Outlaw VixSkin Caramel (Silicone)
Food-grade material / Hypo-allergenic / Latex free / Non-porous / Phthalates free
This hot-blooded Outlaw has a very real organic feeling thanks to the VixSkin invention. It’s for those of you who like it a bit more realistic and softer than the Lelo Silicone or Glass Dildo I recommended. It’s a nice medium size with a strap-on compatibility.
If you use lube use only water based lubrication otherwise you might destroy your toy.
You can just use a soap, adult toy cleaner, or you can boil it to sterilize.
- The largest dildo Vixen Creations offered, the Outlaw offers incredible length and girth in their signature super-realistic vixskin textured silicone
- A dual density construction layers decadently soft pure silicone over a firm inner core to give an unbeatable realistic feel
- Topped with a plush head, the nine inch shaft is detailed with raised veins and juts out from a pair of realistic testicles on the flat-bottomed base
#4 Njoy Pure Wand (Stainless Steel)
Food-grade material / Latex free / Non-porous / Phthalates free
The perfect G-spotter. It’s easy to reach and handy when lying on your back. This chic piece can be used with any lubrication, it’s steel! Either hot or cold in warm water or the fridge for extra sensations (but don’t put it in the freezer!).
As you would clean your cooking pot but avoid abrasives or you’ll lose that seductive shine ;-).
- Stainless Steel
- Approx 8" from end to end
- Comes Packed in sleeved box with satin interior.
- Non-porous finish so it will last.
#5 Wooden Dildo 4 (Wood)
Food-grade material / Latex free / Phthalates free/ Non-porous/ hypoallergenic acrylic
Back to the woods. I love this fantasy of doing it to myself in nature. This down-to-earth dildo makes this fantasy even more real ;-). It’s natural high quality wood which comes in all sorts of shapes, forms and wooden shades.
The Dildo can be cleaned with nothing more than soap and hot water. Let it air dry before putting it away since any moisture remaining on the surface can attract mold and mildew.
#6 D1 Stone Dildo (Stone)
Food-grade material / Latex free / Phthalates free/ Non-porous/ hypoallergenic
Wow, this dildo is approximately 300 Million years old, that’s historical masturbation, baby. The shape is perfect for G-spot stimulation. The sexy heaviness feels like you’ve got something in your hands. The weight is ideal for penetration. Every stone has healing energies and I am pretty sure this Black Norwegian Moonstone will make our vaginas super happy. It doesn’t only look mystical and beautiful, its hand-sculpted too and freshly shipped from Norway in classy eco packaging. It’s so smooth you don’t even really need lube to get started.
Super easy to clean with soap and hot water.
- Circumference: 115 mm / 4.6 inch
- Length: 200 mm / 8 inch
- Weight: 400 g / 14 oz
#7 Rose Quartz Pleasure Wand (Stone)
Food-grade material / Latex free / Phthalates free/ Non-porous/ hypoallergenic
Let’s bring some sacredness into your playtime! Rose Quartz is a stone of the heart, a crystal of unconditional love. It carries a soft feminine energy of compassion and peace, which lets you connect to yourself and your partner on a whole new level. Usually, stones are pretty cold to the touch. By putting it close to your body before using it, it can adapt to your body’s temperature and give you an even better connection to its healing purposes.
Super easy to clean with soap and hot water. You could also clean it energetically with the full moon. Simply put it out on a windowsill that faces the full moon and let it have a charging moon bath.
- GEMSTONE MASSAGE WAND: Obsidian gemstone wand of about 21cm (8.4 inch) long, 4cm (1.6 inch) diameter, with double ends. Much longer and thicker than those crystal wands on the market. Excellent trigger point / deep tissue massager for shoulder, back, neck, arms, or legs. Also excellent for crystal healing and meditation.
- EXCELLENT FINISHING: The wand is handcrafted and polished without using any chemical treatment or dyeing. Masterfully finished with so fine and so smooth surface that would never hurt your skin.
- HEALING & WATERPROOF: This beautiful gemstone massager is not only functioning but also a healing, and is waterproof, because it is made of natural healing obsidian gemstone.
- CERTIFIED: Comes with certificate of authenticity and a beautiful purple velvet pouch. Excellent gift for yourself or your loved one.
- Obsidian is called dragonglass in Game of Thrones.
#8 Organic Veggie Dildo 2000
Yes, finally you got me. Of course the best organic dildos are local organic carrots, zucchinis, cucumbers, pumpkins, you name it… Comes in all colors, shapes, tastes and sizes. For real veggie pleasure.
Veggies are natural, but can harm the pH-levels inside a vagina, don’t risk an infection. Simply roll a condom on.
And for those who need it extra nerdy they can get one of those dildo makers. DIY organic dildos!
Bonus: The Best Sex Toy Cleaner
- Climax Bursts Antibacterial Toy Cleaner With Bursting Beads : Size 4 Oz. / 118 Ml. (PACK of 2)
If you are interested in putting these lovely toys into practice, then you should check our Vaginal Massage article.